- What Information is Collected?
- How Is Your Information Used?
- How Is Your Information Shared?
- Your Choices
- California Residents
- How Is Your Personal Information Protected?
- How Do You Contact Us?
What Information Is Collected?
Types of information we collect may include:
- Mailing address
- E-mail address
- Phone (or mobile) number
- Credit/debit card number
- Purchase/return/exchange information
- Your mobile device information (e.g., device model, operating system version, device date and time, unique device identifiers, mobile network information)
- How you use our sites and mobile applications, search terms, pages you visit on our mobile applications, and application performance, as discussed further below
If you choose not to provide information we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services or information.
Automated Information Collection
address, data regarding pages visited and ads clicked, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g. information entered during checkout process), and browser information.
Social Media Widgets
Our sites and mobile applications include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, Pinterest, and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Information from Other Sources
We collect data that’s publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
How Is Your Information Used?
Examples of how we use the information we collect include:
Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and returns/exchanges
- Respond to requests for information about our products and services in our stores, or on our website, mobile website, or mobile applications or to otherwise serve you
- Connect with you regarding guest service via our contact center, guest service desk, or on social media or internet chat platforms
- Administer sweepstakes and contests
Our Marketing Purposes
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, in-store receipt messages, e-mails, mobile messages, and social media notifications
- Provide interactive features of the website or mobile applications, such as product reviews or Weekly Ad, send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions
- Administer promotions, surveys, and focus groups
- Improve the effectiveness of our website, stores, mobile experience, and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy
Prevention of Fraud and Other Harm
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our guests and our business (e.g. product recalls)
- For example, assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries
How Is Your Information Shared?
We may disclose information we collect when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or disposal of all or part of our business or assets; or to protect the rights property or safety of our company, our guests or others.
Sharing Non-identifiable or Aggregate Information with Third Parties
We may share non-identifiable or aggregate information with third parties for lawful purposes.
In connection with the sale or transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may transfer the corresponding information regarding our guests. We also may retain a copy of that guest information.
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to Upward LLC, Attn: California Shine the Light Inquiry, P.O. Box 178 Adelphia, New Jersey 07710. Please allow 30 days for a response.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our website or other online services. Note that fulfilment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user).
How Is Your Personal Information Protected?
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit or debit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information. However, no e-commerce solution, website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or "hacker proof." You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, username, credit card information, or other personal information through e-mail.